Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that contributes to sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions.
With 270+ employees around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for an Agriculture Specialist to join our team in Chile for a permanent contract.
Whether you already have experience managing supply chains or are completely new to the position, we will provide full training and development to support you as you grow in this role. Through our detailed onboarding and professional training, we will ensure you are fully equipped with all the right tools to succeed.
What you will do
As an Agriculture Specialist, your main tasks involve planning, conducting and administering audits under different agriculture schemes, customer service, risk and crisis management.
- Planning and executing audits according to accredited certification schemes with a primary focus on Rainforest Alliance Sustainable Agriculture Standard and other schemes related, like Global GAP.
- Writing audit reports and presenting findings of the evaluations.
- Providing customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature.
- Supporting market development for Preferred by Nature in Chile.
- Supporting other team members in coordination and administration of customer care.
- Providing technical support and expertise in environmental projects run by Preferred by Nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are
- You have a university degree in agronomy/biology/environmental management or similar areas with experience in agronomy activities.
- You have 4 years of experience in the agriculture sector and related industries, environment management.
- You have experience in assessment and auditing under sociological and environmental schemes.
- You are fluent in Spanish and English (Level C1 – Advanced); fluency in other languages is considered an asset.
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role.
- You have a B-category driver’s license.
- You have a high level of integrity and business ethics, to strike the balance between serving clients and at the same time not compromising your role as an auditor.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it.
If you have those qualities above, we are happy to discuss your potential further.
This is what we offer for you
- 20 days of vacation
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere.
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development.
- Potential future international travel opportunities.
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment.
- Work time: 40 hours/week.
- Working location: home office in Chile.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- The position is located in Chile with the possibility to work remotely.
- The position holder reports to Senior Agriculture Manager for Latin America, based in Costa Rica.
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 10 June 2022 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Chile will be considered.
Application pre-screening will be conducted already during application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Senior HR Specialist, Latin America