Preferred by Nature is a non-profit mission driven organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff in 34 countries and across 6 continents, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation, hard work and dedication to our mission.
Your position as Agriculture Specialist is a key position in developing our goal to maintain and increase our client portfolio in Thailand, while keeping our high quality of services. The main task is to build the network in Thailand within rice sector and beyond, manage, conduct, and administrate agriculture certification services particularly for Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP) and other Agriculture certification services such as Rainforest Alliance, UEBT, RSPO.
You will also be supporting our “tailored services” such as our Sustainability Framework, and our Project and Solutions services.
The Agriculture Specialist is our Preferred by Nature “face” in Thailand and will further strengthen our reputation as a market leader among the clients, donors, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture or other natural science major, agroforestry etc.
- Experience working on/with farms and with farmers, both large and small scale.
- Proven experience in the agriculture sector of 3 to 5 years with rice sector experience preferred.
- Fluent in English speaking and writing and in Thai of course
- Based in Thailand and open to travel within Asia
- Familiar with auditing system on agriculture schemes is preferred
- Good computer skills
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people at all levels.
- You are accountable, you take responsibility and have strong integrity.
- You are well organised and disciplined and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation (your supervisor is in Indonesia, your Director in Spain)
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to Southeast Asia Team Leader
- Working location: Bangkok City
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 31 December 2021 via the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Thailand and fluent in Thai, will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab, Senior Specialist, Human Resource – Asia