Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently seeking a new team member. You will be one of our first employees in Ethiopia. This position has a strong potential for growth. The Ethiopian agriculture programs are currently big, with strong growth forecasted for the future.
The Agriculture Auditor will serve as auditor with a focus on Sustainable Agriculture services. This person will schedule and carry out agriculture audits in Ethiopia according to the agreed plan. This includes managing administrative tasks, maintaining good client relations as well as supporting Agriculture market development for Preferred by Nature certification services in the country.
More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Support the coordination and execution of audits in Ethiopia
- Develop and implement evaluation schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of these.
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to Preferred by Nature’s technical and administration certification protocols.
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature in Ethiopia to include, but not limited to, providing information about certification, technical guidance on interpretation of certification standards and the certification process and trademark use.
- Develop and maintain strong technical expertise in Agriculture Certification Schemes’ and Preferred by Nature policies, standards and protocols.
- College degree and/or equivalent (4-year degree) in Agriculture sciences, Biology, Environmental and/or Social sciences.
- 2 years experience in agriculture related field.
- Previous auditing experience with relevant schemes (RA, UEBT, SRP, Global GAP, CAFÉ Practices, similar) is preferred.
- Experience working on/with agriculture farms.
- Experience working with agriculture supply chain actors.
- Fluency in Amharic and English (our organisational language) is essential, spoken as well as written.
- Proficient user of the MS Office package and good general knowledge of administrative IT systems.
- B-category driver’s license
- You are willing to travel approximately 80% of your worktime within Ethiopia during the first year, then possibilities for travels to other countries in the region
- You have a high level of integrity and business ethics, to strike the balance between serving clients and at the same time not compromising your role as an auditor.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, and the ability to organise and manage yourself and your time.
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues.
- You are comfortable communicating frequently with colleagues around the world via Skype/Microsoft Teams and email.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: Full-time position
- The position reports to Agriculture Specialist, based in Nairobi
- Working location: home office
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Potential international travel opportunities.
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organization and have the chance to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and a letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 30 October 2021 via the application form below.
NOTE: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the relevant country will be considered.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Nargiza Shaidyldaeva,Senior Agriculture Manager Africa. email: email@example.com
Leah Nyawira Karimi, Agriculture Specialist, East Africa. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org