Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission-driven organisation that contributes to sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 290+ employees around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
We are now looking for an Agricultural Supply Chain Auditor to join our team in Netherlands, Belgium or in the UK.
What you will do
As an Agricultural Supply Chain Auditor, your main tasks will be to:
- Plan and execute audits according to accredited certification schemes, such as Rainforest Alliance. The number of audits will be 2 to 2.5 audits per week on average, after the accreditation stage
- Support the coordination and execution of evaluations in Northern and Western Europe – this could include logistical planning, supporting consultants, liaising with clients, and finalising and reviewing reports (RRA)
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to Preferred by Nature’s technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under her/his responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.)
- Develop and maintain strong technical expertise in Rainforest Alliance and Preferred by Nature policies, standards and protocols
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients of Preferred by Nature in N & W Europe to include, but not limited to, providing information about certification, technical guidance on the interpretation of certification standards and the certification process, trademark use and inquiries relating to RA SAS Supply Chain certification
Who you are
- You have university degree in agriculture/horticulture/ natural resources/agri-business, biology/geography/social sciences/environmental management, or related field
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- You have knowledge of main AGR certification schemes (RA, UTZ, Global GAP, etc.)
- You have knowledge/experience in social standards (Fairtrade, GRASP, SA8000, SMETA),
- ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 or ISO 22000 lead auditor certification is an advantage
- You are fluent in English, advanced in French and/or Spanish is an advantage
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role (appr. 50% of work time)
- You have a high level of integrity to carry out your role ethically whilst addressing clients’ needs
- You are comfortable making independent decisions. The nature of the job requires you to work independently and often remotely
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
- It is an advantage if you have a valid driving license
If you have these qualities, we look forward to hearing from you and discussing the position further.
This is what we offer
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven and passionate team
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant and flexible work environment
- Work time: full time
- Working location: travel 50% of the time mostly in the UK, but also other N&W Europe countries (Netherlands, Belgium, other), 50% working from home
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position holder reports to Programme Manager Agriculture Supply Chains
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements for this role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations, by 15 June 2022 via the application form below.
Interviews may be conducted during the advertising period, please send applications as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Please note! We are unable to provide sponsorship for visas, candidates need to have the right to work in the UK or in the EU.
For questions, please contact:
Anna Yavlyanskaya, HR Specialist