Preferred by Nature is a non-profit, mission driven organisation that contributes to sustainable land management and climate-friendly solutions. With 280+ employees around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation. We focus our work on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors.
Are you interested in agriculture, auditing and communicating with potential clients? You may be the person we are searching for.
We are seeking an Agricultural Country Team Leader, based in Bangkok, who will become our first employee in Thailand! Join us by lending your expertise with agricultural audits and helping us to attract potential clients across the country.
What you will do
In this position, your main tasks involve planning, conducting and administering agriculture audits. Other duties will include:
- Develop our goal to maintain and grow our client portfolio in Thailand
- Identify opportunities to increase Preferred by Nature’s impact in the agriculture sector and support the market development for Preferred by Nature in Bangkok, Thailand
- Build our network in Thailand while managing, conducting and administrating agriculture certification services
- Manage the execution of agriculture certification services, assessments and audits for a portfolio of clients
- Provide customer service to current and potential Preferred by Nature clients
- Support the growth of Preferred by Nature 'tailored services' such as our Sustainability Framework and Project and Solutions services in Thailand
- Provide advisory services to a portfolio of clients in natural resource sectors to support them in their goals to meet sustainability commitments and legal requirements
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy which expands Preferred by Nature’s activities and increases its visibility in Thailand (contacting donor organisations, government agencies and NGOs)
- Identification of partners/technical experts/project team members and coordination with the donor (as a regional representative of Preferred by Nature)
Who you are
- You have a university degree in agriculture or forestry
- Experience working on/with farms and with farmers, both large and small scale is preferred
- Solid experience in the sustainability field of minimum 3 years
- Fluent in English speaking and writing, and in Thai
- You are comfortable travelling nationwide (and internationally) as part of your job role
- You have a high level of integrity and business ethics, to strike the balance between serving clients and at the same time not compromising your role as a Country Lead Manager
- You are comfortable making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently, often remotely from your colleagues
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s mission and want to contribute to it
This is what we offer for you
- 20 days of vacation
- An in-depth onboarding and professional training to equip you with the right skills and knowledge to thrive in this role
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- Employee wellness programme
- Potential future international travel opportunities
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- The position is located in Bangkok with the possibility of remote work
- The position holder reports to Preferred by Nature's Deputy Director of Agriculture
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the role, please submit your Letter of Application and CV (in English), including salary expectations by 31 October 2022 via the application form below.
Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Bangkok, Thailand will be considered.
Application pre-screening will be conducted during the application period.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab, Senior HR Specialist – Asia