Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
The function of this position as Project Administration and Financial Assistant is to be responsible for the administrative tasks and financial monitoring and reporting for the implementation of the project:
- Reducing Climate Impact of Rice Production in Indonesia (ID-012)
The project is funded by the SWITCH-Asia programme, a programme running under the European Union and will be running for three years, starting in January 2022. This project is specifically funded under the programme’s Priority 1: Supporting MSMEs in reducing the impact of their industrial production, improving resource efficiency, and adopting circular practices.
The main responsibilities of the Project Admin and Finance Assistant position will include:
Support the Lead Project Manager on administrative tasks connected to the project implementation
Support and coordinate with the Lead Project Manager on relevant administrative tasks, such as reporting to the project Funder, internal reporting, and documentation etc.
Manage the local financial management of the project
Responsible for managing the local financial management of the project including tasks such as collecting receipts and relevant financial documentation, handling invoices, and supporting the Lead Project Manager on financial matters whenever needed.
Financial support for project partners, as needed for project monitoring and reporting to the Funder
Assist and coordinate with project partners on financial issues and collect the needed information and documentation needed for reporting to the Funder.
Support the planning and logistical details of trainings and meetings
Collaborate with the Project Secretary and the project team on scheduling and arranging activities throughout the project including meetings, travels, field works and events.
Collaborate with and assist the Project Finance Manager in the financial management and Funder reporting of the project
Work closely together with the Project Finance Manager in Preferred by Nature on project budgets, internal financial reporting, reporting to the Funder etc.
Other tasks as requested by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other relevant education
- Proven experience in financial administration or the like of minimum 2 years
- Strong computer knowledge (Microsoft word, excel, power point, and Salesforce)
- Communication skill - excellent written and verbal communication in English and Bahasa Indonesia
- Experience in working on projects funded by EU, USAID, UNDP etc. is an advantage
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to the Lead Project Manager
- Working location: Preferred by Nature office Indonesia
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: January 2022
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 31 December 2021 via the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Indonesia will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Fahmi Wahab Senior HR Specialist Asia