Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 270+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
The overall function of this position is to support the fulfilment of the Preferred by Nature mission to build commitment and capacity for mainstreaming sustainability and to assist in identifying, pursuing and implementing opportunities where Preferred by Nature can have a positive influence in line with our mission.
The Accounting & Finance Specialist overall responsibility will be related to the preparation of bookkeeping documents and calculations, recording of financial transactions in Preferred by Nature’s accounting and finance system, communicating with relevant internal and external parties, as well as assisting in the preparation and submission of various accounting and financial reports.
This position will work at global level, supporting accounting tasks in the headquarter and/ or subsidiary (tax and payroll will be outsourcing to local external consultants).
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Processing of suppliers’ invoices (approvals, recording, payment preparation etc.)
- Processing of clients’ invoices (preparation, sending, payment follow-up etc.)
- Daily recording of bank transactions in Preferred by Nature’s finance system
- Review finance statement, follow monthly close procedure and support for annual audit
- Processing and review of staff expense reports
- Review of personnel credit card statements and reconciliation to staff expense reports
- Consulting Preferred by Nature staff in relation to personnel reimbursables and credit card expenses
- Recording of other business transactions (revenues, expenses, accruals) in Preferred by Nature’s finance system
- Assistance with various accounting and finance tasks for Preferred by Nature group entities (e.g., booking of bank transactions and comparison of accounting balances vs. bank statements, various account reconciliations)
- Assistance with finance and accounting calculations and data processing;
- Assistance with maintaining accounting documentation
- Participation in the preparation of monthly and annual financial statements and
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in finance, accounting or a related field
- 4-8 years of experience with accounting, financial reporting
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of international accounting standards or a strong willingness to learn
- Full proficiency in use of the MS Office package (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programmes fast
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position reports to our Group Chief Accountant
- Working location: Preferred by Nature office Ho Chi Minh city OR work at home
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 30 October 2021 via the webform below.
Note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in Vietnam will be considered.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact:
Ngan Nguyen Thuy, Group Chief Accountant