Katie Miller leads our efforts to measure and monitor the overall impacts achieved by our organisational activities.
I believe it is important for any nonprofit organisation to fully understand the environmental, social, and overall developmental impacts of the work they do. In this way, the organisation can better understand the areas where it is successful in fulfilling its strategy, and where more work needs to be done – thus achieving a better understanding where limited financial and human resources can be best placed to help the organisation most efficiently achieve its mission.
Since 2021, Katie is in charge of developing, coordinating and running the impacts and monitoring programme of Preferred by Nature. Preferred by Nature is a mission driven organisation, and positive impacts of our activities toward “people, nature and the climate” is a primary filter for everything we do. The purpose of the impacts program is to measure how well our activities are helping us to achieve our mission. The program covers all of our activities, including services under our own sustainability standards as well as external schemes, tailored services to companies, development project activities, as well as training services.
Prior to leading the impacts programme, Katie led the development efforts for our growing project portfolio, developing a range of funders and projects partners with whom we regularly interact, and expanding the types of projects we implement in order to support our organisational strategy.
With more than 20 years’ experience in the non-profit sector, Katie has worked across several functions of nonprofit operations, including fundraising, communications, HR, strategy and mission development, board development, as well as general non-profit organisation management.
Katie holds a MPA in Non-profit Management. She has also passed Preferred by Nature's FSC lead auditor training course as well as Preferred by Nature's expert courses in Carbon Footprint Management and LegalSource.
Katie served as a staff-elected member of the Preferred by Nature Board of Directors from 2018-2021.
She joined Preferred by Nature in 2010.
- Implementing HR functions across the organisation, including recruiting, staff development, and approaches to optimal organisational structure.
- Understanding donor landscapes in order to develop resources for planned projects
- Fundraising proposal development, including using a Logical Framework Approach (LFA)
- Networking and outreach to partners and donors
- Event facilitation and management
- With a MPA in Nonprofit Management, Katie is specialised to also work with the internal management of nonprofit organisations, such as strategic planning and working with the Board of Directors
- Languages: English and intermediate Danish